The term venetian mask comes from an old tradition in Venice Italy. The masks were used in an old traditional carnival in Venice. The masks were mainly used to hide or enhance a persons identity. People would use the masks for criminal purposes, communication and romance. Each mask is characterized by their own ornate design. Full faced and eye masks are the most common.
I like how you collect mask and how you know about it.I find all of this interesting and very fun to learn about
ReplyDeleteThese are so cool. I loved the one that you wore for Drill Team Night last year. They can bring out your alter ego and you can be somebody that you usually can't be normally.
ReplyDeleteWhen ever I see a mask, I always think of you. :) I think masks are very interesting. I think masks explain the true you. :) Because you are wild, crazy, and very full of energy!
ReplyDeleteJenny,
ReplyDeleteI love the mask! I love the old masks from Italy. They look mysterious, yet majestic. I remember when you did a Lady GaGa dance for drill team night!
Michelle :)
I find your post very interesting! I like how you describe what they were used for and how they were used! I really like your picture as well!! :)
ReplyDeleteI like your information. You have a good picture to! I can tell that you really like masks!
ReplyDeletei think its really cool that you have all these mask, because some of them can mean so much.
ReplyDelete